Aging & Disability Resources and Weblinks
We’ve established a list of contact information for various agencies and services. Please contact us if you have any other suggestions for this page.
- Alzheimer’s Association – 1-800-337-3827
- American Cancer Society – 1-800-227-2345
- Arthritis Foundation – 1-800-968-3030
- Barry County Commission on Aging – 269-948-4856
- The Kool Family Community Center – 269-965-0000
- Calhoun County Senior Services – 269-781-0846 or 877-645-5243
- Calhoun Senior Transportation Dispatch – 800-994-9876 or 269-565-4144
- Caregiver Resource Network of West Michigan – 888-456-5664
- CentraCare PACE Program – 269-441-9300
- Community Action Main Number – 877-422-2726
- Community Action Foster Grandparent Program – 269-965-7768
- Community Health Care Connections – Prescription Assistance – 269-969-6494
- Disability Network of Southwestern Michigan – 269-345-1516
- Elder Abuse Reporting Hotline – 855-444-3911
- Grace Health – Battle Creek – 269-966-2625
- Food Bank of South Central Michigan – 269-964-3663
- Forks Senior Center of Albion – 517-629-3842
- Foster and Adoptive Family Resource and Support Center – 269-660-0448
- Fountain Clinic of Marshall – 269-781-0952
- Guardian Finance and Advocacy Services – 269-963-3253 or 866-963-3253
- Legal Hotline for Seniors – 800-347-5297
- Legal Services of South Central Michigan – 269-965-3951 or 800-688-3951
- Long Term Care Ombudsman – 866-485-9393 (Ombudsman assists families to resolve concerns at nursing homes)
- Marian Burch Adult Day Care – 269-962-1750
- Michigan Assisted Living Association – 800-482-0118
- Michigan Dept. of Human Services – Adult & Child Protective Services – 855-444-3911
- Michigan Dept. of Human Services Energy Assistance Hotline – 800-292-5650
- Michigan Medicare/Medicaid Assistance Program MMAP – 800-803-7174
- National Council on Aging – 202-479-1200
- Region 2 Area Agency on Aging – 800-335-7881 (Jackson, Hillsdale, Lenawee counties, MI)
- Region IIIA Area Agency on Aging – 269-373-5147 (Kalamazoo County, MI)
- Region IIIC Area Agency on Aging – 888-615-8009 (Branch & St. Joe counties, MI)
- SAFE Place domestic violence shelter – 269-965-6093
- Senior and Disability Resource Line – 866-642-4582
- Senior Health Partners – 269-441-0948
- Social Security Administration – 800-772-1213
- Veterans Affairs – 877-222-8387
Senior Health Partners – 269-441-0948
- Area Agencies on Aging Association of Michigan
Michigan state-wide association for Area Agencies on Aging.
- Area Agency on Aging IIIC – Branch & St. Joseph counties
Area Agency on Aging covering Branch and St. Joseph counties.
- Barry County Commission on Aging
Commission on Aging serving Barry County older adults.
- Calhoun County Elder Abuse Prevention Coalition
Elder abuse prevention resources and information.
- Calhoun County Senior Services
Calhoun County Senior Millage services and resources.
- Community Action
Community Action Agency which serves Barry, Branch, Calhoun and St. Joseph counties.
- Community Health Care Connections
Connects vulnerable individuals to urgent medical care and basic health services.
- Foster and Adoptive Family Resource & Support Center
Provides assistance to foster, adoptive, and kinship families through trainings, support, and in-kind services.
- Fountain Clinic of Marshall
A medical clinic for uninsured and under insured people who cannot afford needed medical care.
- Guardian Finance and Advocacy Services
Financial Stress Buster and other services to help vulnerable adults with financial and advocacy support to avoid abuse, scams, homelessness, etc. (primarily in Calhoun and Kalamazoo Counties).
- Guardian’s Financial Stress Buster
Guardian Finance and Advocacy Service’s Stress Buster info page.
- Legal Services of South Central Michigan
Provides legal aid assistance in south central lower Michigan.
Information about Medicare services.
- Michigan Healthy Programs & PATH
- Michigan Legal Aid
Michigan web site for information on legal aid assistance.
- Michigan Medicare/Medicaid Assistance Program (MMAP)
Information on Medicare and Medicaid programs.
- National Association of Area Agencies on Aging
National Association for Area Agencies on Aging with resources and links for services.
- National Center for Benefits Outreach and Enrollment
Benefits Enrollment Centers help seniors in need and people with disabilities find and enroll in benefits programs for which they are eligible.
- Office of Veteran’s Affairs
U.S. website for Veteran’s information and assistance.
- Region 2 Area Agency on Aging
Area Agency covering Jackson, Hillsdale and Lenawee counties.
- Region IIIA Area Agency on Aging
Area Agency on Aging covering Kalamazoo County in Michigan.
- Senior Brigade
Information on services for Michigan seniors.
- Social Security Administration
National web site for Social Security information, forms and contact information for local offices.
- U.S. National Institutes of Health/National Institute on Aging
Health information and publications.
U.S. government web site of resources for seniors.